- Salary Offer TMS/UPS
- Start Date January 2021 or sooner if possible
- Suitable for NQT Yes
When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site, they belong to the Whitley Academy Community. In this community, we build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Our classrooms, corridors and the school environment are safe spaces where nobody is judged and everyone is valued. In our community, we are proud of our school and committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
We are seeking an inspirational Chemistry teacher to join our Science team from January 2021or sooner if possible. You will be joining a well-resourced department with a relentless focus on raising attainment and recruiting successful students to KS5 single Science A Levels as well as Applied Science in Post 16 provision. You will be an effective team member, whose input will contribute to the further development of the current supportive and enthusiastic Science team. Our Academy is on a rapid improvement journey. You will be joining a forward-thinking school that values the professional development and well-being of its staff.
Due to COVID-19 situation and being unable to observe teaching at interview, the post will be temporary in the first instance but will be reviewed for permanent status within first term of schools re-opening.
The successful candidate must be:
- Able to teach Science with Chemistry as a specialism up to KS5,
- Values driven,
- Ambitious for every child and highly inclusive,
- Passionate about contributing to the development of Teaching & Learning in the Science team,
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues, and
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where well being and workload are effectively managed,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
- Access to the Lion Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff, to ensure that everyone is enabled to develop, grow and collaborate,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time – fostering excellence in teaching and learning, and a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location beside a nature reserve, within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
Successful candidates should look forward to working in a challenging and inspiring environment within which there is ample opportunity to lay the foundations for career progression and leadership. We are committed to ensuring that every member of our school community is enabled to ‘be the best they can be’. This role is suitable for NQTs.
Informal visits are welcomed. To find out more about our school please visit our website at www.whitleyacademy.com.
We hope that after considering all the information provided, you will decide to make an application.
A reminder that the closing date is Wednesday 1st July 2020 at 12 noon.
Completed applications should be returned to: email@example.com
We will review and shortlist applications as they are received therefore candidates who submit an application form before the closing date, may be invited for interview early. It is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well for your future career.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Employment at the Academy will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Police Act 1997 and the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.
- Address Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 4BD
- Application Form Upload 1_Employment-application-for-Teaching-Staff-WA.docx