- Salary 21,000 FTE per annum @ 30 hours per week
- Start Date 14/06/2021
- Suitable for NQT No
If you want to provide support that makes a positive difference to the lives of children with disabilities and their families’ and helps them have a better future, then this job could be perfect for you!
- Give emotional and practical help and advice to families that are having difficulties.
- Act as an advocate for the family at meetings and forums; assisting in benefit applications such as DLA and PIP; help to identify available funds and grants to enable the purchase of equipment, home adaptation and/or holiday breaks.
- Facilitate support groups, drop-ins and training sessions. The audience for these will extend from individual family members through to larger groups of parents.
- Deliver parent befriender training and facilitate ongoing 1:1 and group support sessions.
- Carry out research both internally and externally to discover existing services available to parents and identify potential gaps where new projects could be set up.
- A commitment to supporting people in difficult circumstances.
- The ability to build good relationships with families.
- A good understanding of disability and carer’s issues.
- Good knowledge of welfare benefit system and community care services.
- Knowledge of safeguarding policies and procedures.
- The ability to help parents develop the skills they need to ensure a good quality of life and wellbeing for all family members.
- Understanding, patience and good listening skills.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- 30 hours per week
- £21,000 per annum pro rata
- Any offer of employment will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure
How to Apply
Interested applicants should review the application pack on our website:
Ideally, the candidate will start by mid-June.
Interviews will be scheduled from 10th May. These will be conducted by video call.
Tags: Advice, Information, Support Worker, Social Work, Social Care, Disability, SEND, SENCO, DLA, PIP, Advocacy, Information and advice, adviser
- Address Peacock Lane, Plymouth, PL4 0DQ, England