- Salary MPR
- Start Date September 2021
- Suitable for NQT Yes
Do you want to work in a vibrant and friendly school, as part of our dynamic and successful English Team? Are you ambitious, dedicated and passionate about teaching? If so, then you might be just the right person for us.
We are looking for a qualified Teacher of English who is able to teach up to GCSE and A level, to join a strong department in a very successful school.
We are looking for the right person; age and experience are less important than your vision, ideas and passion!
Why apply for this job at Southgate School?
- We are a member of Middlesex Learning Trust alongside The Compton School, an outstanding school with a national profile. Together we are leading edge in our approach to ensuring excellence for all
- We are consistently the most over-subscribed school in Enfield
- You will work in a school that has exceptional students from all walks of life and staff who truly care about the impact of their work
- You will be joining a school that is buzzing with life, energy and opportunities for your own continued professional development
- Leaders’ work has been sharply focused on making sure that all subjects are planned and taught effectively. As a result, pupils achieve well in their GCSEs. (Ofsted 2019)
- ‘There is never a day that I don’t want to come to school’. All the pupils we spoke to held this view.’ (Ofsted 2019)
We are a mixed comprehensive school (1500+ on roll including the Sixth Form) dedicated to academic achievement and the maintenance of very high standards.
At Southgate School we offer a comprehensive training package for NQTs. For aspiring middle and senior leaders, we provide financial and professional support and wider CPD including the NPQML and NPQSL. These programmes are delivered as part of our partnership with the Institute of Education
Southgate School has excellent transport links. We are five minutes away from Oakwood Tube Station (Piccadilly Line). Central London is only 20 minutes away.
An application form can be downloaded from the school website and should be submitted to the Headteacher’s PA/Office Manager Mrs Jane Theobald by Midday on Monday 8th March 2021 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held Friday 12th March 2021
All schools and services in Enfield are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, all workers and employees in Enfield are expected to share this commitment.
- Address Barnet, EN4 0BL, England