- Salary MPS (Outer London)
- Start Date September 2020
- Suitable for NQT Yes
Inspire the next generation of leaders at Harris City Academy Crystal Palace
We are seeking an outstanding Teacher of Mathematics to work within our high performing Academy, this position is open to both NQTs and more experienced teachers.
The Mathematics team is a dynamic and innovative department with a consistent track record of delivering excellent progress and results for students. The department currently consists of fifteen teachers under the leadership of joint Faculty Directors, a Head of Maths and a Second in Charge of Maths. The department is a well-resourced Curriculum area with ten classrooms.
The Mathematics Department is committed to stimulating and inspiring students to be enthusiastic about the natural patterns in the world around them. We aim to encourage and equip all students with a broad range of mathematical skills in order to be successful in a highly competitive environment. Within the Mathematics department, we:
- Set high expectations for all learners and staff alike, recognising and celebrating achievements;
- Develop learners’ basic mathematical skills and numeracy to enable them to become confident mathematicians and to take responsibility for their own economic prosperity;
- Develop learners into considerate, confident, ambitious and motivated individuals;
- Use ICT and regular homework to extend subject knowledge, develop independent learning skills and enrich learners’ learning experience;
- Provide an inclusive and differentiated curriculum that develops learners socially, morally, spiritually and culturally;
- Identify opportunities to advance students’ literacy levels;
- Create a positive learning ethos in which staff and learners feel supported and cared for.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We would like to appoint a dynamic and inspirational qualified teacher. We are looking for an effective and enthusiastic classroom teacher who will be able to complement our dedicated team of outstanding practitioners. The successful candidate will ideally have significant experience in inner-city, multi-racial and urban areas.
We are looking for a strong communicator with proven strengths in engaging with, inspiring and motivating, not just the school community, but the wider community. You should hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris City Academy Crystal Palace:
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is a pioneering academy for 1,300 students aged 11-18 and celebrated its 25th-anniversary last academic year. The founding academy of the Harris Federation, it has three consecutive outstanding judgments by Ofsted, most recently finding the academy to be outstanding in every aspect in 2014. It is one of the most oversubscribed comprehensive schools in the country and in the top 5% for performance.
Why work at Harris City Academy Crystal Palace?
- A long-established and highly successful school: one of the most oversubscribed in the country and the top school in Croydon at Attainment 8 2017
- As a Teaching School, we are able to offer all teachers an extensive programme of first-class professional development and a vibrant learning community giving all the opportunities to excel.
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris City Academy Crystal Palace are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0208 771 2261 or email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- A performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers is paramount to what we do. Social mobility has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation, which is why we have continuously set out to transform standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining us. We are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education in order to nurture their individual potential. Join us in creating spaces of learning where children everywhere are nurtured for their potential and given the tools necessary to shape their own future.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.
- Address Maberley Road, Upper Norwood, London, SE19 2JH