- Salary Offer £25,750 - £39,964
- Start Date April 2020
- Suitable for NQT Yes
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional, energetic and inspirational Teacher of Maths to join Holcombe Grammar School on a fixed term contract from April 2020 until February 2021. We require a gifted/talented teacher who can convey their passion for their subject to the school and its wider community.
We are a successful grammar school for students aged 11-18 with a long-standing reputation for being a supportive and caring environment in which to teach and learn. We are the best performing boys’ grammar school in Medway.
After the school’s ‘Good’ Ofsted judgement in April 2018, Holcombe Grammar School has continued to make rapid progress towards becoming one of the most successful grammar schools in the Southeast.
What you will get from Holcombe Grammar School:
- Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning – proven to enhance classroom practice
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Childcare vouchers enabling eligible staff to pay for childcare in a tax efficient way
- Free parking onsite
- Opportunity to work in a campus of well-appointed buildings centred around the historic Holcombe Manor
- Easy access to M2, M20 and M25
What you will need to succeed:
The successful candidate will be an outstanding, student-centred classroom practitioner possessing a depth of subject knowledge and able to inspire and enthuse our wonderful, intelligent students. He or she will be fully acquainted with the demands and requirements of the new KS4 and KS5 curricula. Very importantly, our new colleague will wish to become part of the team that leads Holcombe Grammar School from Good to Outstanding and will be willing to do all that it takes to get us there.
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer. Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact Wendy Tanner, firstname.lastname@example.org to book a no-pressure tour of the school and to meet some of our staff. We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
If this position as a Teacher of Maths at Holcombe Grammar School is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please contact Wendy Tanner to ensure that you are added to our talent pool and considered for any future positions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.