- Salary Offer SCP 10 (Outer London): £20,835 (FTE); £17,898 actual pro rata salary
We are looking for a forward-thinking, energetic Teaching Assistant to join our thriving Academy team.
This role will involve spending half the week supporting children 1:1, and half the week teaching computing.
At Shortlands, our Teaching Assistants play a key role in supporting children with their learning and development. They work closely with class teachers to understand the learning that the children need to achieve and are responsible for working with individual pupils or groups to enable them to make excellent progress. Specific training around phonics and maths is also offered so that TAs can lead their own groups and interventions. TAs are also expected to support teaching staff with their planning, preparation and assessment activities.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. Join us in our mission to cultivate an exceptional learning environment for all our students.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The person we are looking for will:
- Support children with their learning and development during lessons or free-flow activities as directed by the class teacher.
- Lead small group sessions and interventions according to the teacher’s planning.
- Promote the general progress and well-being of pupils in your class/group.
- Maintain high standards of behavior among pupils through the use of the Academy’s behavior policy.
- Participate in administrative and organizational tasks relating to the duties above.
- Participate in Performance Management activities and also further training and professional development sessions as they arise.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Primary Academy Shortlands
Harris Primary Academy Shortlands opened in September 2014 in order to provide additional, high-quality primary places for local families. We believe that every child is unique and that each deserves the opportunity to be happy, feel valued and experience success.
Whatever a child’s background or starting point, we want to make sure that they finish Year 6 with the academic skills, social skills and knowledge necessary to succeed. Every lesson at our school will be creative and there will be plenty of time for children to think, to play, to discover and wonder.
Our ethos at the Academy is that all children can achieve: it is our job as educators to do everything possible to enable this to happen. We are delighted to be getting a brand new building for our school, which will be a bright, modern and welcoming place for children to be.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Shortlands?
- A brand new building, which is a bright, modern and welcoming place for children to be;
- Every lesson at our school is creative and there is plenty of time for children to think, to play, to discover and wonder;
- Each child is taught in the way that suits them best and we step in quickly if a change is needed;
- Excellent professional development opportunities and generous benefits package through the Harris Federation – a leading group of primary and secondary academies in and around London
Please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your online application.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you to check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Our Benefits Package
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package.
Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognized as the top-performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold an unrivaled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programs available at every stage of your career.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Diversity and Equality
We are committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.
- Address Bromley, BR2 0HG, England